So here are the challenges I was given:
3. Failed the carbonated drinks already but MUCH reduced from the crazy amount I was drinking a few weeks ago. Working on it!
4. Memorize Philippians 2....hmmm. Let's start. "Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind." I'll be working on that this week. Maybe I can find a way to recite it while working out! Multi-tasker!!
5. Travel somewhere I have never been - I'm doing a lot of thinking about this and researching. I want to also pray daily about it for a while. I really want to be back in Africa and I really want my friend Leah to go with me. That's all I know so far. It's a start.
6. Learn to juggle - I'll be youtubing that soon!
7. Do 1 race a month. I'm thinking the Bruises and Bandages Trail 5k on 1/18. It's cheaper if you sign up with a friend so I'm working on that.
8. Read a friend's favorite book each month. Morgan gave me two options to choose from since this was her challenge. I have a few books I'm already into right now but once I'm done, hers is next! I've been on a crazy reading kick lately. Currently Reading: Divergent (on my Kindle) and The Dressmaker Khair Khana (from the library). I like to have options so I always have a book available when I want to read!
9. Write a weekly blog. CHECK! A few people challenged me to report on things that I do for myself or to let others do more for me. It's hard to control what others do for me and I rarely do things for myself but I will work on that too, though it's not an official resolution. Today I bought myself a new dress, two shirts, and a workout outfit. It felt nice to treat myself after working so hard lately.
10. Volunteer 5 hours a week. Traveling and the holiday through this week off a little bit from my regular volunteering but I am excited to get back to helping at the breakfast for the homeless next week and seeing where else I find myself volunteering in the coming year. Our church's stewardship campaign this year included commitments not only to financial giving but increasing our dedication to prayer, study, service, witness and other areas of our life. This was my commitment and I am excited to see what God will do with the time I am giving back to Him this year.
Feels good to be back in the blogging world! Whether anyone reads it or not! Happy New Year! What are your goals for this year? Anything you want to accomplish or challenge yourself with?